Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 6, 2009

And These Are The Days of Our Lives...

Wow! Time has FLOWN by and we haven't been blogging! Facebook has been consuming my life....so easy to put up pics and video that I've forgotten all about our blog!

Since it's November and the time of year where we heavily reflect on that for which we are grateful, I thought I'd take a minute and blog about what I am grateful for.

First, I am SO grateful for my awesome husband and spirited daughter. They are the highlight of my life and make me want to work as hard as possible so we have a great life. Enrique is my partner and I couldn't accomplish all that I do professionally, without him. He takes such good care of our baby girl and I can't imagine anyone else who would be so great to me! Gabriella is a total delight and joy. She has the best smile and laugh and is so social! She loves talking to people and making them laugh! I cannot believe everything she learns and how quickly she learns it!

As much as I have had a difficult time this year being away from family and friends, I really am grateful for the opportunity we've had to live in one of the largest cities in the world! I have really come to appreciate the diversity here and the cultural experiences. I now highly enjoy sushi, tacos al pastor, and Chai tea. Weird how I had to move to a new country to step out and try some new things!

I am also very grateful for my family and friends back in Utah. Being able to keep in touch with them via the internet really makes the distance seem less vast. I love catching up and hearing from everybody!

My job is another thing I am thankful for. I really do enjoy where I work and my students are awesome! I have been given quite a few extra opportunities this year to teach English teachers and develop myself professionally. It's kind of exciting to think of what could come in the next year or two....

You know back when Enrique's visa was denied I thought my world was over. I couldn't imagine moving away from Utah..even less to Mexico City! I didn't know how we could make ends meet and keep our house in Utah, but here we are! It hasn't been easy, but it has been an eventful, fun, eye-opening year. The best is yet to come!

No comments: