Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 3, 2009

2009

I would like to say this is my first blog of the new year, but since I have been catching up today since Christmas.....this is the third blog of the new year!
We have been visiting with my mom and George this past week. My mom has been ill (she must have drank the water!) so she has been resting. Enrique and I have been taking George all around the city. On New Year's Eve we went to some ruins called Tepotzlan. The cool thing about these ruins is that you have to hike to the top of a mountain to see them. Yeah---the pyramids were stratigically built atop a mountain. The hike is difficult, but well worth it. I had been there before, but Enrique and George were newbies. They had a great time, as did Gabriella. She was chattin it up with people left and right and everyone was getting a kick out of it!

We came home in the evening to find most every business shut down for the night! Enrique and George went off in search of dinner, while I layed down to relax with my ma and Gabby. We all fell asleep....and soon Enrique came in to say "Happy New Year!" I was quite grouchy, went back to sleep, and woke up the next morning...not quite as we had planned, but ce la vie!

George and Enrique, on the other hand, stayed up watching the countdown on T.V., drinking a few beers (maybe a few more than a few) and did a tradition for the New Year. Here, each person has 12 grapes in a cup and when the New Year is ringing in you make a wish for each of your 12 grapes and then eat them. Normally, you share your wishes aloud with the group and usually you end up wishing good things for family and friends, rather than for yourself. I still need to wish upon my grapes.....

I cannot imagine what this year holds in store for La Familia Gonzalez. We had a crazy, difficult, and amazing 2008 so here's to 2009! Bring it....

No comments: