Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 3, 2009

First Birthday

It seems like just yesterday I brought home this amazing little creature from the hospital. I was scared, tired, scared, nervous, excited, scared, full of self-doubt, amazed, scared, exhausted, scared... And here we are a whole year later! Everyday is amazing and full of surprises. I now feel: amazed, excited, tired, fulfilled. The scared is mostly gone.....it is so different and wonderful having made the move to Mexico and sharing all these moments with Enrique and Gabriella. Even a year ago, I didn't know when we would all be together and here we are! We've made it! We celebrated Gabby's birthday with Enrique's family first. We planned a small party with hamburgers and french fries--a la americana--we called it! Just as the party was beginning a clown arrived! Enrique's mom had gotten the clown and it was so fun! The clown was great--he had everyone participating. Later, we ate and sang, cut the cake, and opened gifts. It was such a great time chatting with everyone and enjoying such a great celebration. We also celebrated back at our house with my mom and George. We went to the zoo downtown with one of Gabby's friends and some of my friends from work. It was a beautiful day! Very very crowded, but a great day nonetheless! Gabby fell asleep during part of the visit, but what are you gonna do? She needed her beauty sleep! I am so thankful for such amazing family and friends. I am realizing every day how lucky I am to have the chance to be here with my little family and I am learning to live each day...not just exist. Gabby does a great job of reminding me that even though we are not living in Salt Lake like I had always pictured, we are still very much alive and have great opportunities to be happy every day if we choose to be so.....

No comments: