Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 30

Today´s post wraps up my 30 days of small celebrations. My celebration today is about my independence. I sometimes cannot believe that I live in a foreign country and am raising a child here. I cannot believe that I have a job that I like (most days) and such a great support system here. I cannot believe how my closest friendships back at home have been preserved even though I´ve lived abroad for 3 years now.

I have learned (an still am learning) so much about myself these past 3 years. I NEVER imagined myself living abroad----I never even imagined myself leaving Utah. It´s been hard, but I´m keepin on keepin on. I don´t want to live here forever, but who knows if I ´ll want to go back to the U.S. either. Maybe Canada? Brazil? You just never know!

Enrique and I celebrated 4 years of marriage this week. It´s been quite a 4 years. It sometimes seems like just yesterday we were planning our entire wedding on the spur of the moment in Veracruz, and now here we are living in one of the largest cities in the world 4 years later....crazy. This unpredictable thing called life is crazy indeed.

I have so many goals I want to achieve. I want to write a book and have it published. I want to travel around the world. I want to have another child. I want to give Gabby the best opportunities in the world. I want to own my own business here in Mexico. I will keep working hard to try to achieve my dreams. In the mean time, I am going to keep celebrating the ¨small stuff¨that gets me through each day.

What are your dreams for the future?

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I've really enjoyed reading your posts about your celebrations, Stephanie! Thanks for sharing!