Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Days 28 and 29

My small celebration for days 28 and 29 goes together for both days. Monday I was so stressed about going to get Gabby´s passport on Tuesday. I don´t like conflict and it seems that every ¨official¨thing I do here consists of running into conflict in some way. Sometimes I think it must just be me. Then I talk to other foreigners (and some Mexicans) and I find out that, in fact, it´s stressful to take care of business (so to speak!) here in Mexico.
I was so stressed on Monday I could barely eat. I don´t think I slept more than 2-3 hours last night. I couldn´t eat breakfast this morning and I was running on empty most of the day while we were in the passport office.
We spent about an hour at the office when we were told that they couldn´t read the doctor´s name on one document, so we had to leave and cross the entire city to get another copy from the doctor. We had 2 hours to return and still have a shot. Luckily, and I do mean luckily, we made it back and waited another hour or so before we left with the passport. I just kept looking at it over and over. I still can´t believe we got it with so few problems (and for 6 years this time!). I can´t imagine not having the stress of passport renewal next year.......I am looking forward to it tho! I think that even though that stress will be gone, another stress will fill it´s place. That´s the funny thing about stress. Just when you think it´s gone, something else comes along!

I guess my celebration is about the universe conspiring and working together (along with God answering prayers) to help things turn out well for somebody. We got lucky by getting allowed into our appt. 1.5 hrs early, then we got lucky that we had an awesome attendant the first time who didn´t make a big stink about my name, then we got lucky when the boss gave us 2 hrs to go get the new paper and return to continue the process, then we got lucky when nobody rescanned our paperwork (to make a big stink about my names), and then we got lucky when we actually received the passport! That´s a lot of luck.

However, Enrique was in such a hurry when we returned from the doctor´s office that he backed into a pole and damaged our rear light and the back of the car. When we arrived back home, he was eating a peach and bit the pit by accident and chipped his tooth!

They say bad luck comes in threes. We definitely hit our 3 quota today. But, man o man, look at all that good luck we had today. The good outweighs the bad today for sure! We´ve always got to accept that along with the good comes the bad. I don´t know why those bad things would have to happen to Enrique, especially today, but I guess the Lord never gives you more than you can handle, so I guess he´s up for the challenge!

What ¨good luck¨or ¨bad luck¨have you experienced lately?

No comments: