Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Days 13-17

Well, Day 13´s celebration was all about Gabby time! We had a great day spending time downtown! We ate some yummy oaxaqueña food (I had a tlayuda) and that was a whole new experience for us! It´s nice that Enrique and I have the schedules we do because we are able to spend nearly every weekend together doing something!

Day 14 (Monday´s) celebration was all about my great teaching staff. I feel so lucky to work with each of them and we have had a great year! I hope we´re all there together next year!

Day 15´s small celebration was my success of teaching another professional development to some teachers. This school invited me nearly 2 years ago to give some courses on cooperative learning, writing ideas, SIOP, etc... and I am still privileged to be giving courses there. Each time I give a session, I feel so lucky and I learn so much from the teachers!

Day 16 was Wednesday. My day´s celebration would definitely be watching the final episode of Oprah. What an inspiring woman. Self-made and so generous. I enjoyed how her final show was all about life´s lessons. What really stuck with me was being sure that you´re in just right the place doing whatever your calling may be, doing service for others, and having a spiritual connection to a higher power and giving thanks to that power. I know those lessons stuck with me because those are things I am struggling with right now. One other thing Oprah mentioned was that before she makes any decisions, she pauses and ¨listens¨to be sure she makes the right choice. I´m going to focus on doing this, too.

Thursday´s celebration (Day 17) was all about laughter. I watched some super funny videos online and laughed for at least 30 minutes straight. Laughter is the best medicine. Life is too short not to laugh around the way!

No comments: