Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 20, 2011

ooopsssss! celebrations from the last 6 days!

Starting with Sunday´s celebration....that´d have to be about family time. It was nice to hang out with my cute little family all day today! We didn´t do anything too exciting, and that was in itself exciting! I know I had a busy week, so it was great relaxing. I even took a 30 minute nap! Yes...a NAP! When you have a three year-old, napping doesn´t happen much. I´ve gotten out of the habit, but Sunday´s nap was great!

Monday is was appreciative of being appreciated! It was Teacher´s day in Mexico on Sunday and it was pretty much celebrated on Monday. My amazing students showered me with gifts throughout the week. I got many edible items, some gorgeous jewelry, and lots of hugs. There are many rewarding things about being a teacher and being so appreciated by students and parents definitely tops them. What a great feeling!

Tuesday´s celebration was when I didn´t have to wait in line for 4 hours to order my daughter´s uniforms for the upcoming school year! After a super busy day, I passed the director on my way to get in line. She told me that I definitely shouldn´t have to wait and she told me to speak with the uniform ladies and tell them that I´d be in Wednesday afternoon on my free time to take care of the order! Yippee! When I left, there were probably already 20 families in line and they had just begun doing the orders! Yeah for connections!

Wednesday´s celebration was meeting new people and re-meeting others. Wednesday the teachers at my school were given an awesome luncheon by our awesome room mothers! We had sushi, rice, tempura....wine & tequila! There were prizes galore, karaoke, dancing and best of all....good company! It was quite a celebration! It was great to talk with the moms and learn just now ¨normal¨they are even though they lead such different lives than my own. Nice to connect on some level.

Thursday´s celebration came when our internet and phone service went out for the entire morning! I was supposed to conduct an interview via skype at 9:15 and I have to say..I was not in the mood (due to the celebration the evening before....). I am usually swamped with emails by about 9:00 in the morning and now that I´m teaching again and coordinating, it´s hard to stay on top of everything. It was soooo nice to not have to deal with any emails for about 5 hours. We rescheduled the interview for Friday and everything worked out perfectly! I think the school receptionists and secretary really enjoyed the down time, too!

Today´s celebration is all about quiet time. I am currently sitting at home browsing the internet and blogging while my hubby is off with Gabby at a birthday party! It is soooo nice to have some time all to myself! Life gets so busy, it´s nice to slow down and take some time for myself once in a while. It´s on days like today that I get to have phone conversations with my friends for longer than 5 minutes (thanks Lisa) and that precious conversation time was much needed today!

No comments: