Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 13, 2011

Days 4 and 5

I was lying (or is it laying) in bed with Gabby last night. We were whispering to each other reasons why we loved one another (she didn´t want her Daddy to know she was awake so late). In her quite, cute, little voice she said, ¨And you know why I love you mommy?¨¨Why?¨I asked. ¨Because you follow directions and I am happy with you.¨Too cute. Do you think school is rubbing off on Gabriella??? :)
My day 3 celebration is my time with Gabriella. I might not have as much time with her as I´d like, but I sure do treasure our time together. I really love it when my mind is clear (not thinking about work, paying bills, planning our summer vacation.....) and we have little conversations. I am so lucky.

Day 4´s celebration goes back to the phone! Today I successfully ordered a pizza from Domino´s pizza. Yes, it took me 3 years, but people speak so quickly over the phone and it´s so hard for me to understand....I´m always asking them repeat this and that, it gets confusing...I get frustrated....my Spanish gets worse.....Today I did ask the guy on the phone to slow down (I told him, ¨Please slow down. I am just learning Spanish¨). Or course he didn´t. He did speak more loudly, even though I could hear him perfectly clearly. Oh well. It took less than 1 minute and I believe the pizza is currently en route. Good feeling. I mean, it´s got to look good on a resume right???? CAN ORDER A PIZZA IN TWO LANGUAGES......

:)

No comments: